1) A Certified Energy Advisor will visit your home:
- Your Home Energy Assessment will take 2-3 hours, depending on the size of your home.
- Our Certified Energy Advisor will need full access to all areas and will perform a blower door fan test.
- Within 10 days, your EnerGuide label and homeowner report with recommendations for energy saving retrofits, will be mailed or emailed to you.
Please note: homeowners cannot use wood or pellet stoves 24 hours prior to the home energy assessment.
2) Complete your retrofits within 12 months of the initial assessment:
- Make sure to retain receipts and documentation for all work completed.
- Upon request, a personal energy planner is available to answer your questions.
3) Contact Clean Foundation to schedule a post-retrofit evaluation within 12 months of the initial assessment.
4) Submit receipts and documentation to your Certified Energy Advisor verify the work done at the time of your final visit:
- Clean Foundation will submit your rebate application on your behalf.
5) An updated EnerGuide label will be mailed to you. Rebate cheques, if applicable, will be mailed separately.