Website Clean Foundation
Job Title: Manager – Education Initiatives Reports to: Director of Programs – Education, Waste and Water
Position Summary: The Manager – Education Initiatives is responsible for the expansion of our currently offered EnviroEd programing as well as the management of the team that supports this task. The Manager has the ability to focus on several projects on an ongoing basis, has a deep understanding of curriculum and is able scaffold the success of the EnviroEd team.
• Manage the development of strategic initiatives of the organization’s education department
• Oversee and contribute to the development of program content and align to current provincial curriculum in a fast-paced, quickly evolving environment.
• Maintain in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the related environmental fields and provincial curriculum
• Work effectively with subject matter experts, directors, stakeholders and other learning and development professionals to design and develop learning solutions.
• Manage the budget for the EnviroEd department and suite of programs • Support the Director in the future planning of educational initiatives at Clean
• Lead the writing of grant proposals for private- and public-sector funders as well as produce reports on program development progress for external funders
• Perform all other duties/projects as assigned
• A degree in Education, similar field or equivalent work experience will be mandatory
• Undergraduate studies with a focus on environment, and or the sciences • Experience utilizing Microsoft Office 365 Suite
• Project and human resource management experience
• Strong sense of initiative and confidence working independently, combined with the ability to lead a team
• Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities • A wide degree of creativity
• Bilingualism is considered an asset
• Strong organizational, time management skill
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Must be able to complete and pass a criminal background check
• Must have a valid Canadian driver’s license and be able to provide a Driver’s Abstract from the Registry of Motor Vehicle
• Additional hours, or time outside of the normal work hours, may be required in order to meet operational requirements of planning and delivering specific projects at specific times of the year.
• Travel may be required
If you are interested in this position please submit your cover letter and resume, merged into one document, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 24th, 2020. We appreciate all interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Clean is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome indigenous and LGBTQ2+ applicants as well as people from visible minority groups and persons with seen or unseen disabilities. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume and any accommodations will happily be made should your application move further in the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com