Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary: Commensurate with relevant experience and education
Clean makes homes more energy efficient, restores streams & watersheds, engages youth on the environment, promotes green transportation, mitigates the effects of stormwater, helps communities reduce waste, and contributes to public policy discussions.
That’s what we do. Why we do it is to help create a more sustainable society in Atlantic Canada. We work for a clean climate & clean water, and, to help us get there, we foster, educate and support clean leaders in our communities.
Clean is a non-profit, non-governmental environment organization created in 1988 through an Act of the Legislature in Nova Scotia. However, we receive no core government funding. We run the charity through money raised for our many programs and projects, which can come from agencies, businesses, government departments, foundations and individual citizens.
You may know us as Clean Nova Scotia, but we work on projects in other parts of Atlantic Canada, throughout the traditional lands of the Mi’kmaq and Wolastoqiyik. That’s why we say we’re just Clean.
We are currently seeking an experienced Finance Clerk who will work closely with the Finance team located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Manager, People & Culture, the Finance Clerk is responsible for overall management of all accounting for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and related journal entries, up to and including the month-end closing trial balance
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Prepare all invoices and expense claims for posting to accounting software, properly record expense codes and appropriate department and program for all
- Prepare bi-weekly accounts payable aging for review by Senior Accountant
- Manage and maintain filing for all incoming invoices and expense claims related to Clean Foundation programs.
- Prepare bi-weekly accounts payable payment batches
- Prepare monthly Visa reconciliations
- General Administration Support for the Finance Department
- Prepare all invoices and bank deposits for Accounts Receivable
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 5 years experience working in an accounting role;
- Experience in preparing year end working papers for audit;
- Fluent with Excel, Microsoft Word and general understanding of computerized accounting software (SAGE300 and QBO)
- Personable and Flexible.
If you are interested in this position please submit your cover letter and resume, merged into one document, via email to Tracey Dube, email@example.com by February 18, 2020. We appreciate all interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Clean is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. Qualified self-identifying First Nations, Metis and Inuit, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities applicants will be strongly considered for this position. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org