Clean Energy Revolution
A local initiative. A global impact.
Clean Foundation, with the Province of Nova Scotia’s Department of Energy and Mines, is hosting a design challenge where teams of junior and high school students create and present an innovative project that demonstrates awareness and understanding of the causes, consequences and clean energy solutions to climate change in Nova Scotia.
- Proposal due for approval by March 13, 2020
- Written component and/or model due April 3, 2020
- Clean Energy Revolution Event – May 2020 (exact date TBD)
- Skill-building for middle and high school students
- Career pathway development through industry expert mentors
- Healthy competition with rewards for both the participants and schools
- An excellent resource for an inquiry based approach to teaching about clean energy
- Real-world application of the clean energy sectors in Nova Scotia
- Participants can explore the clean energy sectors through the curriculum, across the curriculum, or through extra-curricular opportunities, allowing for easy integration into schools
- Participants can create projects that explore concepts through STEAM, social sciences etc. or a combination of some or all, allowing them to build on their own interests and strengths.