Clean Energy Revolution
A global initiative with a local impact.
Clean Foundation, with the Province of Nova Scotia’s Department of Energy and Mines, is hosting a design challenge where teams of junior and high school students participate in problem-solving exercises by creating and presenting an innovative project that demonstrates awareness and understanding of the causes, consequences and clean energy solutions to climate change in Nova Scotia.
- Proposal due for approval by March 13, 2020
- Written component and/or model due April 3, 2020
- Clean Energy Revolution Event – May 2020 (exact date TBD)
- Skill-building for middle and high school students
- Career pathway development through industry expert mentors
- Healthy competition with rewards for both the participants and schools
- An excellent resource for an inquiry based approach to teaching about clean energy
- Real-world application of the clean energy sectors in Nova Scotia
- Participants can explore the clean energy sectors through the curriculum, across the curriculum, or through extra-curricular opportunities, allowing for easy integration into schools
- Participants can create projects that explore concepts through STEAM, social sciences etc. or a combination of some or all, allowing them to build on their own interests and strengths.