Home Energy Assessment Sign Up
How to proceed with a home energy assessment:
1. Contact the Clean Nova Scotia Foundation to schedule a home energy assessment. A certified energy advisor will come to your home and complete a detailed energy assessment of your home. Homeowners will be provided with their current EnerGuide Rating and recommendations for home upgrades.
2. Homeowners complete their retrofits, retaining receipts and documentation for work completed.
3. Contact the Clean Nova Scotia Foundation to schedule a post-retrofit evaluation within 12 months of the initial audit.
4. Submit receipts and documentation to verify work done at the time of your final visit. The Clean Nova Scotia Foundation will submit your rebate application on your behalf.
5. An updated EnerGuide Rating label will be mailed to you. Rebate cheques, if applicable, will be mailed separately.
To book an appointment with the Clean Nova Scotia Foundation:
In HRM and Southwest, Nova Scotia (including Colchester, Lunenburg, Queens, Shelburne, Yarmouth, Annapolis, Kings and Hants Counties) call (902) 420-7941 or toll-free 1-800-665-5377
Outside of HRM and Southwest Counties contact Efficiency Nova Scotia (1-877-999-6035) to be directed to the service provider in your area.
If you are a tenant, your rental unit may be eligible for a home energy assessment. However, application for a home energy assessment must be made by the property owner.